Saturday 21st April, Bristol
- Sunday 29th April, Sale, Greater Manchester
- Friday 29th June, Hereford
- Sunday 5th August, Telford
- Friday 21st September, Andover
- Saturday 22nd September, Colchester
- Friday 2nd November, Tunbridge Wells
Sorcha Ra is a skilled and experienced performer
She enjoys creating characters for choreographers, directors and producers, and using her diverse skills, including contact juggling, to bring those characters to life. Sorcha relishes the opportunity to embrace abstract forms of theatre. Sorcha’s broad and varied performance experience also includes considerable work on London’s cabaret circuit.
Sorcha welcomes commissions to perform within theatrical or dance productions using her contact juggling skills. She can also create six to ten-minute segments to form part of a larger programmes or showcases. Get in touch here to discuss your requirements.
Sorcha Rogers trained at the LIPSA physical theatre school where she studied theatre, mask, clown, movement analysis and mime. Subsequently she gained a diploma in theatre clown from The Why Not Institute, where she was taught by Angela D’Castro of Slava’s Snow Show. She has also studied poetic body and devising theatre at LIPSA. Sorcha participated in clown and devising workshops led by Peta Lily and Fraser Hooper. She is also a trained dancer with a strong background in theatre and dance.
“I’ve worked with Sorcha several times now and will do so again in a heartbeat. Her creativity, professionalism and attention to detail are matched only by her charisma on stage. She is focussed, imaginative and mesmerising in performance as well as being a real team player. Sorcha really is one in a million.”
CHARLOTTE DESORGHER, Artistic Director and Producer, Company of Dreams
“(Sorcha) you are the most personable and skilled performer that I’ve ever hired. You know I have hundreds of performers to choose from in the Bay Area but I always find work for you first whenever you’re in San Francisco. Our clients always love you whenever you perform for us, and you are so reliable and easy to get along with. Can’t wait to see you out here again”.
WENDY FINK, Director, Earth Circus Productions, Bay Area, California
“Sorcha Ra’s is one of those rare and enigmatic acts, that combine skill, ease, talent, and dexterity, with unadulterated charm and visual poetry”.
JEREMY STOCKWELL, Director, Maker of curious theatre, Speaker of strange truths
“Sorcha Ra’s act is beautifully skilled, mesmerising and uplifting”.
IESTYN EDWARDS (aka Madame Galina), International Cabaret Star
Sorcha Rogers’ performance experience history includes:
- A commissioned stage routine featuring contact juggling at the Horniman Museum in 2016
- Principal character parts, combining physical theatre and dance with contact juggling and fire arts, in Scheherazade (1001 Arabian Nights) for Company of Dreams (Supported by the Arts Council) from 2012 and ongoing
- Bespoke routines, combining contact juggling with tribal fusion dance, as part of the Infusion Emporium Dance showcase in 2013 and Tribal Massive showcase in Las Vegas in 2011
- Touring the UK and France as a dancer and circus soloist in HoochieCoochie Girls, for Johara Dance Company in 2011
- Performer and choreographer in Circus Tatovski by BrightFX, commissioned by Warwick Arts Centre and then on tour across the UK
- Choreographer and performer in It’s All About Me in 2007/2008, a street theatre show by BrightFX, at various street festivals in the UK and Europe including Pflasterspektakel Festival, Austria; Jersey Street Festival, Jersey; and Hat Fair, Winchester from 2006/2007
- Fire performer and poi soloist in Ignite!byBrightFX, on tour across the UK and Europe including Nicosia Festival, Cyprus; Bedford Kite Festival; Gateshead Fire Festival; Ross-on-Wye International Music Festival; and Glastonbury Festival from 2003 to 2006